How do I start a podcast? What should I consider before hitting record? Where do I host it and what do I record with? And what happens when Sarah leaves her window open? All that and more on this special 50-minute episode, featuring the Canadian half of The Aux Cable podcast.
- The Aux Cable – Matthew’s Podcast
- Adventures in Odyssey – Audio drama that inspired Matthew.
- Blubrry PowerPress WordPress Plugin – For self-hosting your files on a WordPress site.
- Audio hosting sites: Libsyn, Blubrry, and Soundcloud.
- Feedburner – Formats RSS feeds. Good for hosting podcasts on Youtube.
- After finding the Feedburner link, I discovered it may have some issues, so here are some alternatives to check out.
- MP3 TAG – Alternative to editing ID3 tags in iTunes. Offers batch editing.
- Scattered Squirrel – Project planner sheet and other handy printables.
- The Whit’s End Podcast – Matthew’s first podcast project.
- Matthew’s childhood audio drama
- Studio Project C-1 – Matthew’s Mic
- Blue Nessie – Sarah’s Mic
- Other mics we recommend: Blue Snowball and Blue Yeti and the one we couldn’t remember- the Audio Technica ATR2100.
- Recording software: Audacity, Garageband, Reaper
Intro & outro music by Vexento.